- Protection of Personal Information
- Any personal information which may be provided to us through this Site will be processed in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- General principles
- The purpose of this privacy statement is to set out how we collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information when you use this Site, register or apply online for any of our products or services, or when you contact us electronically.
- When you engage with us, you trust us with personal information about yourself, your dependents, your beneficiaries and your employees.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, however, in doing so we will not be able to provide you with services such as activating and servicing your policy and benefits where applicable.
- How do we collect your personal information
- When you complete an application, contact us electronically or use this site and services, products, facilities or tools offered by the Group, we collect your personal information.
- Personal information can also be collected from other sources. Where personal information is shared with a third party, we will not be responsible for any loss suffered by you, your dependents, your beneficiaries or spouse or employees.
- We will process personal information of a spouse and dependent when they are included for the activation of a policy or benefit and to pursue their legitimate interest.
- Use and sharing of your personal information
- You consent that we may process your personal information for all purposes that relate to this Site and the products, facilities, tools, services or utilities offered on this Site as is necessary for us to assist you with your exact need.
- You consent that we may share your personal information with the BuddyCentral Group Companies where applicable and to the appropriate extent for administration, fraud prevention and the provision of our services, benefits and infrastructure to assist you in your personal or professional capacity.
- You confirm that we may share or combined your personal information for market, statistical and academic research and to customize our benefits and services to meet your needs.
- Your privacy is important to us and we will not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use, without your consent.
- You consent that we may transfer your personal information outside South Africa where services are administered, for example, cloud services or you provide an e-mail address that is hosted outside South Africa.
- Any subsidiary of the BuddyCentral Group of Companies and contracted third party service provider may communicate with you about any offers and new products that we have a duty to update you on as it becomes available from time to time.
- We have the right to communicate with you electronically about any changes on your policy, including your contributions or changes and improvements to the benefits you are entitled to on the policy you have chosen. You agree that we may communicate with you regarding these.
- Should you not wish to receive any direct telephone marketing or direct electronic marketing from us, inform us accordingly.
- Protection of your personal information
- We value the personal information that you provide and will take appropriate, reasonable and technical steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
- When you use the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities provided by us on the Site, you may be given an policy number, username, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You must always keep your username, password and/or PIN a secret and ensure that you do not disclose it to anyone.
- Accuracy of personal information
- You have an obligation to notify us should any of your personal information change from time to time or no longer be valid.
- You have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. You can complete the form to request access to such information as contained in our PAIA Manual.
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. Where we cannot delete your personal information, we will take all steps to make it anonymous. You agree that we may keep your personal information until you ask us to delete or destroy it. This is unless the law requires us to keep it or dispose thereof.
- Third parties
- The Group does not exercise control over the privacy policies of third parties.
- We may enter into arrangements with our partners and other third party suppliers in order for them to provide services to you. Those arrangements may require us to disclose your personal information to them, whether in person or by means of an application.
- If a third party asks us for any of your personal information, we will share it with them only if:
- you have already given your consent for the disclosure of this information to that third party; or
- we have a legal or contractual duty to give the information to that third party.
- If you believe that we have used your personal information contrary to this Privacy Statement, you must first attempt to resolve any concerns with us.
- Amendments to this policy and applicable law
- The most updated version of this policy will govern the respective rights and obligations between you and BuddyCentral Group Companies each time that you access this Site.
Last updated: 16 November 2020
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies are data sent to your computer by a Web server that records your actions when using a specific Website. Cookies identify your device when making use of a Web browser.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
BüddyCentral Group Companies continually strives to develop improved ways of managing your cookie preferences. As new technologies and solutions emerge, this cookies policy may be updated to reflect any such advances in technology and preference management tools.